Recent Posts

Friday, June 4, 2010

Party Gowns: 2009 and '10

Best of '09... champagne was certainly in this year:
   
A statuesque Anne Hathaway in Armani Privé, Jennifer Aniston in Valentino (quite similar to Naomi's Versace in 2004, isn't it?), and of course, my #1 pick, the dress that set this segment in motion: Penelope Cruz in 60-year-old vintage Balmain.


and my top two picks for 2010:
Nicole Richie in Reem Acra, Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab Haute Couture
2010 showcased a lot of amazing gowns, which I blogged about at the time. You can see all of my favorites here.


This concludes the decades best Oscar gowns series!  I hope you enjoyed it.  I certainly enjoyed the research.  All my la-la-lovin, xo, Caitlin

2 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

So beautiful! I greatly enjoy your posts + this one is no exception... I still think about Anne Hathaway's gown from 2009— she is so classy and elegant, and this year, Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab Haute Couture... oh my! That gown is to die for!

Hope you're having a lovely remainder of the weekend,

xo,
Sarah

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Wonderful series - fantastic choices regarding champagne. I still put Rachel Zoe's pick for Anne Hathaway at the top of my all-time favorites. That is an amazing gown and she just makes it look divine with her porcelain skin. And seeing Jennifer Aniston in color instead of black is a treat and this was a gorgeous choice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails