Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Party Gowns: 2006/Pour L'amour's 2nd Award!

Apparently nothing caught my eye in 2005, so we're moving right along to 2006, and this unforgettable ensemble on Michelle Williams. 

Michelle in Vera Wang:


Reese in 1955 vintage Christian Dior, Salma Hayak in Versace, Uma Thurman in Versace


On another somewhat related note, a few days I found out that the adorable Summer Claudia, of VelvetPop!, awarded me the "Sweet Blog" award!  Sweet, fo' real.

One thing I must say though, is that the look of these awards is so dorky, right?  I'm very sorry if the designer is reading this, but considering we are all style bloggers passing them around, at least at this point, shouldn't they be a little more stylish?  Holla if ya hear me (so I don't just feel like a jerk)!  I challenge anyone reading this to do a little re-design. End this vicious cycle of nerdy award icons!

Anyway, my criticisms of icon-design aside I am so honored to be recognized so favorably by a fellow fashion blogger!  Sometimes in this blog-eat-blog world (I am hilarious, I know), it's hard to know if anyone actually reads what you work so hard on, so once again I'll say, such recognition really does feel amazing.

I'd like to pass it along to:
Daniella at Dress, Design, Decor, super cute swimwear on her site right now
Sasha at Everything Fabulous, also deliciously summer-y on her site
and Alla at Sogni e Sorrisi, a fantastic multi-subject blog


I love the award and also cannot wait for the day when I get to wear a dress like one of those above;  the sort of dress you call a gown.  xo Caitlin 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol :D i know what you mean, i agree with you on some blog awards, but then again it's a cute thing anyways. i actually thought of creating my own blog award, would be fun... maybe sometime soon ;)

anyways, your blog is really fantastic & fashionable, love it!

xoxo

PS: nice party gowns!!

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

Omgosh, the blog awards are HIDEOUS! hahaha! Love the dress picks girl, so good!

xoxo Maria

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Thank you for the wonderful award!

Candice Hannah Marcelle said...

love michelle but i really dont like the colour/ it doesnt suit her colouring anyway, yellow is hard to pull off. on the other hand, stylish bloggers do not want a tiny teddy on their blog...well, i wouldnt :S haha
congrats though!! :)

x

http://perthfashionista.blogspot.com

Daniella said...

Thank you! That's so sweet of you. And yes, we need some better designed icons, lol... Too funny.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award!! that is fabulous!!! and thank you so much for passing in it along this way!!! couldn't agree more there is nothing stylish about that sweet teddy bear!!! Hope you had a great day and thank you again!!!

prom dresses said...

A fabulous way to find perfect hairstyles and accessories for your big day is to get inspired by the Oscar looks.

wholesale clothing said...

Congrats on the award. There's a lot of love going around in the blogosphere. It's different from the love all girls have for gowns, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails