Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Feelin' Fall

Fall has always been my favorite season to dress for.  Summer is lovely, and I definitely enjoyed this past one which seemed uncharacteristically warm, and supplied weeks of sundress/swimsuit opportunities.  Still I always get a little excited when the air shifts to brisk, and suddenly the sky takes on all sorts of dark, wondrous, periwinkle shades of gray.  Last weekend I woke almost giddy, kid-on-Christmas-morning-style, to the sounds of the first rain of the season.

The past week has been all about tights, wool coats, and breaking out the boots.  Though my collection is far from lacking, I've decided a new pair of flat to low-heeled brown knee highs is in order this season.  A comfortable pair of knee high boots is a worthy investment and an all weather wardrobe staple; perfect with a mini or over slim fitting jeans, and the ones I've now worn to the ground were absolutely indispensable on my last two winter visits to New York City, they weathered the weather (I=witty), and were comfortable enough for days upon full days walking the city.

A few I'm considering (all around $150):



Maybe not the most fashion-forward item in my arsenal, but necessary nonetheless.  Who says I don't own practical footwear!

Happy Fall and happy Election Day! I hope all my lovely readers got out and voted today! xo Caitlin

1 comments:

Maria @ Bachman's Sparrow said...

Love it! I just got a pair of flat boots, but I'm not as in love with them as I had hoped, so now I'll have some direction on a different pair to choose from :)

xoxo Maria

Related Posts with Thumbnails