Recent Posts

Monday, October 11, 2010

Holy Chanel!

From the EPIC Chanel RTW show last week in Paris:
oh my...

Though for the most part the looks from this RTW collection are farrrrr from ready-to-wear (in my opinion) the overall show was nothing short of stunning.
I can't even imagine what it would be like to experience it in person... I know I've said it before but I honestly believe I would have cried! I imagine that seeing something like that pink floof above walking down the runway would be, literally, breathtaking.

...and I die!
Kraaazy Karl!
What an amazing venue.

On the first day of French class, back in middle school, we all got to choose French names and I chose "Chantal", for no other reason than it resembled "Chanel".  At this point I was not remotely familiar with anything the fashion house actually produced, but I knew it was something special, special enough to name oneself after!
(side note: my parents are regular working class people who like to hike/don't shop at Bloomingdales etc., and are still baffled how they ended up with the sort of child who at ten begged for a subscription to W magazine... quizzicle)


Some of my preferred looks from the collection... which to be honest I did not love:

The majority of the pieces present a sort of ladylike-victorian-gothic look. I love the constant reinvention of the classic Chanel tweed suit and the sparkling black halters amongst the evening wear.  There was also lots of feathery fringe, dark dark eye make-up, and what I consider HIDEOUS flat across platform sandals (those are hideous right? does anyone disagree?).


Hope you enjoyed the rundown!  I don't know if anyone cares but I am sorry for being so absent as of late... it feels really good to get back the the bloggy!
Love you dolls, xo Caitlin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails